PTO Board Elections – New Officers for 2017-18
Thank you to all who came to the Annual/Bridge Mtg on Tuesday evening. It was nice to see incoming 5th grade parents at the meeting.
Elections for the PTO Board Officers took place. 2017-18 School Year PTO Board Officers are the following:
- Co-Presidents – Jessica Lehman and Jenny Hubbard
- Vice President – Sharon Rainey (Remains on the Board for one more year of her two year term.)
- Secretary – Brandy Gary
- Co-Treasurers – Andrea Bogdon and Jessica Lord
Outgoing Board Officers:
- Co-Presidents – Candace Lopp and Natalie Schultz
- Secretary – Toni Hanen
- Treasurer – Deena Walts
Committee Chairperson Openings:
Spirit Wear Co-Chair – Assist in keeping track of inventory, organizing spirit wear sales at Open House and a few times before school and/or at games during the school year. Work with Kratz Sporting Goods for the special order in the Fall and order new spirit wear for the new school year and as needed throughout the year.
Staff Person of the Month – Ensure forms are available at school for monthly nominations, announcements of nomination time frame, assist in determining and announcing winner and distributing the gift.
Red Apple Committee Co-Chairs – Assist the existing co-chairs with organizing the Fall and Spring sales, collection of orders and delivery day.
Committee member sign ups will take place at Open House before school starts or you may request to be placed on a committee at any time after school starts by email or at a PTO meeting.
SMS PTO Email: email@example.com
- FACEBOOK: Join us on Facebook at Scribner Middle School PTO
- EMAIL BLASTS: If you would like to receive periodic updates and announcements from the PTO then please send an email to (scribnermsPTO@gmail.com) and we will add you to the list!
- BOX TOPS: We are collecting Boxtops again this year. 7th & 8th graders can turn their boxtops into envelopes in their 1st period classes. 5th & 6th graders can turn their boxtops into envelopes in their homeroom class. At the end of each collection period we will reward the classes with the most boxtops at each grade level with a donut party!
- SPIRIT DAY: When you dine at Chick Fil A on the specified day, SMS PTO earns a percentage of your total purchase.
- KROGER REWARDS CARD – Rewards card members can select Scribner Middle School to benefit by receiving a percentage of sales. Log in to Kroger’s website and follow the instructions under the Community Rewards tab or email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
- FUNDRAISING: SMS PTO has a Fall and Spring Red Apple catalog fundraiser that raises funds for PTO events and programs.
- CRAFT FAIR: The PTO sponsors a Craft Fair open to the community on the 1st Saturday of November. Contact email@example.com with questions about setting up a booth.
- STAFF APPRECIATION: The Staff Appreciation Committee works hard throughout the year to recognize the dedicated SMS Staff and their commitment to our students through luncheons, snack carts, breakfasts and more.
- STUDENT RECOGNITION PROGRAMS: Programs such as Success Cards, Awesome Attitude and attendance and Student of the Month are a great way for students to be recognized by the PTO and SMS teachers and staff for their hard work and accomplishments throughout the year.